Pull browser window out or in to widen or shorten center column line length.The following is the main content for the page.
Technical Communication Competition
Information for Entrants and Judges
Deadline: Friday, 30 November 2012, 7 p.m. Eastern Time
Please consider participating this year in the chapter's Summit Competition. By participating in the competition, you can
- Enter your best work to receive valuable feedback and potential awards
- Volunteer to judge and evaluate entries with your peers
If you'd like to be added to our mailing list for the Call for Entries for this and future competitions, send a message to .
Download the Summit Competition Announcement flyer (.pdf) to post at work or hand out to friends and co-workers.
What's New This Year?
Note: Because the Society no longer allows local chapters to submit winning entries to the international-level competition, we have reduced our entry fees. We no longer need to plan to cover possible international entry fees and postage costs.
Distinguished Technical Communication and Excellence award winners may submit to the international competition on their own. Submitters who want to participate in the international competition must complete the STC International Online Entry Form, pay the International Competition entry fee, and pay for postage of their entry. If you think your entry to our competition is capable of going to the international level, be sure to reserve an additional four (4) copies of your entry to send to the international competition.
The chapter has elected to pay the international expenses for the Best of Show winner. The BOS winner will still need to submit their own entry and pay the fee, which we will reimburse.
Frequently Asked Questions
- New to the competition? See About the Competition.
- What is technical communication? See What Does the Competition Consider Technical Communication?
- Entering the competition? See the Call for Entries.
- Where are the forms I need to enter a competition?
- Category descriptions? See Competition Categories.
- Competition fees? See Competition Fees and Payment.
- Interested in judging the competition? See Judges.
- Interested in working on the Competition Committee? See Competition Committee Roles and Responsibilities.
- Where are the additional award certificate forms? See Additional Award Certificates and Mementos to download the order forms.
- Want to see winners from previous years? See Competition Winners.
All net proceeds from the competition will help fund the chapter's operating expenses and memorial tributes.